Sunday, October 4, 2009

Some poetry by me

"Locked"

And somehow I know
The locked parts inside
I have lost the key
I need to just hide

I don't like it like this
I am so imprisoned'
I can't see the way out
If only I'd listened

The bruises I have
Cover every inch of me
I don't know how to heal
So that I may finally see

And somehow I know
Even with my locked inside
You'll one day find the key
And I'll no longer have to hide

Copyright© Renee





"Save It"

Dry your eyes
The tears aren't real
You can no longer manipulate
The way that I feel

Quiet your voice
You portray the victim
Merely to get sympathy
They don't even know you've tricked them

Hush your thoughts
Sadly, you believe your lies
You brought this upon yourself
And I refuse to sympathize

No more bullshit 'I love yous'
Tired of your constant mind fuck
I chose to simply walk away
And at last, I feel unstuck

Copyright© Renee




"Gentle Hauntings" (named for my blog)

A bared, haunted and broken soul
Evident thru these very pages
Falling down this deep, dark hole
Its feels I've been there for ages

Am not here to merely sugarcoat
And my writings are not to gain pity
It's my therapy to read what I wrote
Not all of it is going to be pretty

Despite being completely frozen inside
I know that blessings are all around
All I have to do is look beside
Where they keys lie so I don't feel bound

I see the piece of my reflection
The past; creeping and daunting
Here is where you will find heartfelt affection
Through these pages of Gentle Hauntings.

Copyright© Renee

No comments: